SEO Hero Challenge
Current SEO Hero Rankings
Find the latest SEO Hero Rankings when searching with Google.com from New York
This search tool is set to return the top 100 SEO Hero results when searching using Google.com and when tricking Google in to thinking you are searching from New York from your Internet address.
What is the WiX SEO Hero Challenge
SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimisation (Search Engine Optimization for our friends the other side of The Pond), and is the word used to describe the tactics used when trying to get a website to appear higher in Search Engines for the words, phrases and related words/phrases that it has been optimised for.
WiX is a Tel Aviv Public company who are traded on NASDAQ and have numerous international offices.
WiX provide various Web based products and services one of those being a freemium website building platform that enables users to create nice looking websites using drag and drop tools.
The goal of the WiX SEO Challenge is to register a new domain and optimize a new website to appear as high as possible in the Google search engine for the phrase SEO Hero within a 4 month period.
Why have WiX set the SEO Hero Challenge?
WiX may be a great website building system for those with little technical knowledge but it has often been criticized by some in the SEO Industry for not being search engine friendly.
Some of this criticism may have been justified but a lot of it also appears to be just by sheep like people who read an SEO expert say something bad about WiX and then go repeating this on SEO forums, newsgroups, etc. without themselves having even used WiX
To counter this criticism WiX have put up a $50,000 challenge for the SEO who beats them in ranking on the Google search engine for the phrase SEO Hero.
“We’re going to create a new WiX website optimized with the search term
“SEO Hero”. You’re invited to create your own website (feel free to use any platform). If your site ranks the highest for that search term in 4 months’ time, we’ll give you $50,000. Yes, it’s that simple.”
WIX SEO Hero Contest Rules
- Content of the contest website must be in English
- Domain used for the competition must have been registered after 16th November 2016
- Entries must be submitted between 16th November and 16th December 2016
- Entries submitted via here
- Entrants must create a Google Account, set up Google Search Console and Google Analytics accounts and grant the moderators of the WIX SEO Hero Contest administrative rights before February 16th 2017
- The WIX SEO Hero Contest website must be created, maintained and promoted in compliance with the Google Guidelines for SEO published here (the “Guidelines”). Any activity in violation of the Guidelines may disqualify the Participant
- All competitors must provide a link to the Penrod Shero SEO Hero page at http://www.penrodshero.com/ for the duration of the contest*
Full rules can be found – here [PDF]
Can anyone enter the WiX SEO Hero Contest?
There are a few embargoed countries whose residence can’t enter (these are listed in the rules) but apart from those virtually anyone else can enter – The important things to remember though are;
1. The domain must have been 1st registered after 16th November 2016.
2. Entries must be received before 16th December 2016.
Is it free to enter the WiX SEO Hero Contest?
It is completely free to enter the WiX SEO Hero Competition apart from domain registration, hosting fees and off course the countless hours you put in to it 🙂
Follow my progress here – SEO Hero Challenge Diary
* Note: That one was added by Penrod 😉
SEO Competitions and Contests Now Including SEO Hero
It looks like we may have a new SEO Contest
SEO Hero is the target phrase in the latest SEO competition set up by WiX
I’ve set a little site up for it with pages for;
1. WiX SEO Hero Contest Rules
Which provides a brief summary of the rules.
2. Wix SEO Hero Contest Competitors
A page where competitors can list themselves (and also include a link to their site)
3. Wix SEO Hero Search
A nifty little tool that allows you to set which version of Google to use when searching for SEO Hero and also allows you to set where you want Google to think you are searching from.
4. SEO Hero News
A section where I will be posting news on the SEO Hero Contest and also keeping an online diary.
Gerald Duck also has a SEO Hero site using the latest Gerald Duck CMS
SERPs was one of the first SEO Competitions I took part in.
This SERPs page has now been moved on to the WordPress system and when I find the time I will load all 30 SERPs pages which talk more about the competition.
Other SEO Competitions SEO Hero
I also participated in the following SEO competitions between 2004 and 2007
SERPs : Nigritude Ultramarine : mangeur de cigogne : V7ndotcom Elursrebmem :